Corporate governance involves a set of relationships between a company\'s management, its Board, its shareholders and other stakeholders. ... Larger organizations are embedding an assessment of governance into existing audits such as risk audits.
This course summarizes key corporate governance concepts and looks at internal audit’s role in an interactive and participative style. It will improve your ability to provide effective, professional insight and internal audit assurance over this vital activity and to identify the key risks faced by organizations in this area.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for a wide range of delegates, including those with little and those with significant internal audit, risk and governance experience.
What will I learn?
Upon completion you will be able to:
- Appreciate the benefits of effective corporate governance and common challenges that organizations face in this area
- Understand corporate governance trends and topical issues
- Understand the components and dimensions of good practice corporate governance
- Identify and assess corporate governance risks and appropriate mitigation
- Learn how to deliver professional, value adding internal audit assurance over corporate governance
- Know where to locate additional resources to help you more effectively audit this activity in your organization.
- What is meant by corporate governance and why it is so important for organizations?
- Key corporate governance concepts, what organizations should do to meet good practice and moving beyond a ‘tick box’ approach
- The objectives of corporate governance and the key components of corporate governance in any organization
- Identifying and assessing risk and appropriate mitigation associated with corporate governance
- How to deliver professional, value adding internal audit assurance over corporate governance practices
- Where to locate additional resources and information to help you more effectively audit corporate governance in your organization