We will explore how to manage the various suppliers that may be located thousands of kilometers from your plant while achieving real cost savings.
Furthermore, we will discover how the purchasing department fits in the overall function of the supply chain operation
Lastly, we will cover how the purchasing department should be managed properly to achieve all of its Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define the strategic role of the purchasing department
- Perform accurate supplier evaluation
- Develop effective negotiation strategies with all suppliers
- Explain the importance of value analysis to purchasing
- Evaluate the performance of the department using proper Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Improve the efficiency of the purchasing department
- Top of Form
- Bottom of Form
- The strategic function of purchasing
- Supplier evaluation and negotiation
- Value analysis
- Managing and evaluating the department performance
- Improving purchasing efficiency
Whom to Attend
Buyers, senior buyers, purchasing supervisors, purchasing managers and all other personnel who need to understand the purchasing function.