Our \'International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and 2019 Updates\' course will help build the knowledge you need in IFRS for success in today\'s global business world. Like you, we believe those who understand and apply IFRS will enjoy expanded career opportunities as its use is spreading around the world. Developed with input from subject matter experts from across the region, this course is designed to provide accounting and finance professionals with the, knowledge and practical guidance needed to use IFRS and stay up to date with its newest standards and changes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the setting process in IFRS and list the currently available standards
- Explain the most recent updates on existing IFRS and evaluate the effect of newly issued standards on their organization
- Determine the correct presentation and minimum disclosure for components of statements of financial position, statements of comprehensive income, statements of owners\' equity and statements of cash flows in accordance with IFRS
- Appraise and properly account for transactions affecting current assets and liabilities, non- current assets and liabilities, revenues and expenses in accordance with IFRS
- Apply professional judgment in applying IFRS for matters relating to non-recurrent business transactions
- Understanding financial statements
- Financial reporting
- Applying IFRS
- Accounting for current and non-current assets and liabilities
- Classifying investments
- Describing updates and amendments
- Assessing impact on financial accounts
Who Should Attend
Professionals in the fields of finance and accounting as well as professionals seeking to enhance their international accounting knowledge from companies implementing IFRS as the standard of reporting.
The course uses a mix of interactive techniques, such as brief presentations by the consultant, application of theories presented by the consultant and group exercises to exchange experience and apply knowledge acquired throughout the course.