This programme will provide the skills for delegates to be able to recognise opportunities to develop their network of contact points and new business prospects. It will provide the skills set to approach new contacts and promote or sell their goods or services using a Consultative Sales Model and control techniques.
Intermediate and Advanced
Who should attend?
This programme will benefit those who have to generate additional opportunities to develop their businesses, contacts and networks.
- What is Business Development and how is it different to Marketing
- What is you understanding of business development
- How are these skills different from Marketing
- How to assess current conditions for the Organisation
- Tools to evaluate the current state of the organisation
- Understanding how to conduct client analysis
- Compiling a GAP Analysis
- Understanding how to do relevant research in order to understand the current environment that the organisation finds itself in.
- Identifying the opportunities that exist internally and externally to allow the organisation to grow and meet business objectives.
- Organic vs acquisition strategies
- Learning how to grow your current client base
- Strategies to follow in order to get more revenue from your existing clients
- Understanding the process of bringing in a new client
- Strategies to implement in order to identify prospects.
- Implementing strategies to covert prospects into paying clients.
- Client retention strategies
- Cultivating a client centric culture within the organisation
- Committing to minimum service levels as an organisation
- Implementing strategies to ensure client are engaged
- Client Relationship Development
- What is Client Relationship Management?
- Practical ways of implementing at CRM
- Individual profile development
- Defining your personal brand
- Tools to implement in order to raise your personal profile
- The importance of networking
- Leveraging social media for business development efforts
- The evolution of Social Media
- Social media as a business imperative
- Which platforms to use for promoting your organisation
- Importance of content development and PR activities
- Content is King
- Engaging journalists and building relationships
- Stumbling blocks to Business Development
- Support initiatives from the Marketing Department
- How can Marketing support your efforts
- Acquiring intelligence and channelled findings into the organisation
- Soft touches.