Human Resource (HR) for Line Managers course is designed to help line managers manage their staff better by equipping them with critical HR skills. Also, this course focuses on key issues for line managers, such as handling employee interviews, on-boarding, appraisals, training, grievances, and much more.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- List and apply manager\'s HR functions
- Define the roles and responsibilities of managers in recruitment and on boarding
- Conduct effective performance appraisal meetings
- Identify and evaluate training needs
- Handle employees’ complaints, grievances, and turnover
- Getting the right people
- What HR is about?
- Human Resources Effectiveness and Evolution
- HR: towards a modern definition
- Ally with HR department
- The HR functions of managers
- Workforce planning
- Attracting the right talent through referrals
- Interviewing skills for line managers
- Building a job profile
- Preparing technical assessments
- Welcoming a new family member
- On boarding - job orientation
- Does induction mean orientation or is there a difference?
- Benefits of induction and orientation program to employees and organizations
- First day on the job
- Induction content
- Role and responsibility of the new employee’s manager during the first few days
- Values, culture and code of conduct
- Evaluating effectiveness of on-boarding
- Performance management
- Definition of performance management
- Overview of the annual performance cycle
- Mistakes in performance management
- Employee assessment best practices
- 360 degree versus 180 degree
- Coaching, counselling and mentoring
- Training and Effectiveness
- Why Identify Needs?
- Identifying training needs
- Career Effectiveness
- The career Effectiveness process and links with HR
- Succession planning
- Building a personal Effectiveness plan
- Learning styles
- On the job training
- Evaluating training effectiveness
- Handling employee complaints
- Employee moral
- The definition of a grievance
- Grievances versus complaints
- The grievance handling procedures
- Your role before, during and after the exit interview
- Analysing turnover
- Healthy versus unhealthy turnover
Who should attend?
Line managers, head of departments, team leaders and supervisors and anyone who wishes to gain knowledge and skills about the human resource functions and how to apply them effectively in his/her department.
Each day HR topic that interest line managers will be explained. Group exercises, role plays, videos and practical case studies will be used. This course will help line managers and department heads to know their HR part to achieve the organization goals through their subordinates.