The restaurant industry is competitive and fierce. Make your resume stand out from the crowd with our Professional Waiter Training course. Get practical, hands-on training to work in luxury hotels, 5-star restaurants, and the hottest bars in town! There is more to the waiter job description than taking orders and serving plates, and we will help you to master every aspect of your new role. With our lessons and tutorials, you will learn how to maximize tips, deliver excellent service, and take your career to the next level. As a waiter or waitress, the difference between minimum wage and big-time earning is all up to you. So, will you leave it up to chance, or follow our recipe for success?
- Learn about customer expectations and how you can exceed everyone
- We will teach you how to navigate tricky scenarios and manage difficult customers
- A good waiter knows their product; you’ll learn about pairings, ingredients, seasonality of food, wine and alcohol, and even coffee!
- We will show you how to set a table for family style restaurants and fine dining
- Learn to take orders with fool proof memory methods so you never miss one
- From waiters’ friend to pencil, we will show you tools to make life easier
- A waiter is also a salesperson – learn to sell your business, menu, and self
- We will show you how to impress guests and maximize your tips and earnings
- You will learn how to use food ordering systems, POS, apps, and other tools
- We will teach you basic First Aid and health and safety practices
Module 1: Customer Service That Gets Results
- It’s Your First Day on the Job!
- 10 Tricks for Making a Great Impression
- First Class Professionalism = First Class Tips
- 5 Ways to Convert Customers into Regulars
- How to Charm Your Biggest Critics – Kids
Module 2: A Masterclass in Food ology
- From Agar to Ziti – A Culinary Dictionary of Terms
- Diets, Allergies, and Picky Eaters
- Meats, Cheese, and all the Trimmings
- Pastry and Desserts – the Icing on the Cake!
- A Culinary Trip Around the World
- Easy Wine Pairing for Every Course
- From the Bar: Cocktails and Spirits
- Get Your Brew on With Coffees and Teas
Module 3: Tableside Service to Impress Your Guests
- Safe Food Handling and Sanitation
- Ultimate Guide to Table Setting
- Tools of the Trade – What’s in Your Apron?
- Memory Tricks for Taking Orders
- 7 Fool proof Ways to Upsell Your Menu
- Impeccable Food and Beverage Service
Module 4: Tips for Making Tips – Control Your Pay check
- “Good” Service vs. “Great” Service
- 20 Key Things That Impress Every Customer
- Cashing in on Your Personality and Flair
- How to Turn Difficult Customers into Satisfied Guests
- Smart Strategies for Worst Case Scenarios
- The Perks of Working Weddings and Special Occasions
- Ultimate Service Checklist - Boost Tips by 20%!
Module 5: Behind the Scenes in The Restaurant Biz
- Get the Hang of Food Ordering Systems and Apps
- Back to Basics with Traditional Order Systems
- Using POS Systems and Processing Transactions
- Work Your Look: Personal Style and Grooming
- Teamwork on the Floor and in the Kitchen
- Multitasking Under Pressure – Keep Calm and Waiter On!
- Safety First! Dealing with Choking, Burns, and Other Emergencies
Who should attend?
- Anyone just starting out in the restaurant or service industry
- Experienced waiters who want a boost in their performance, career, or tips
- Job seekers who are applying to restaurants, bars, hotels, and cafes
- Recently hired waiters who want to prepare for their first shift
- Baristas, bartenders, hostesses, and anyone in the hospitality industry who wants to upgrade their skill set.
- Practical sessions, thorough illustrations, and one on one coaching.